(Blog de PlzBeNice)
Répondre au sujet    Index des Forums -> Road to EV
Surveiller les réponses de ce sujet Précédente  1, 2
Aller à la page :
Auteur Message
OnceUpnATime
Titulaire
Titulaire

MessagePosté le: 18/05/2020 15:05   Sujet du message: Répondre en citant Signaler un Abus

Hi PlzBeNice,

Thanks for your blog Smile

If MTTs game is your favourite game type, what about trying to do a challenge in MTTs ? Wink
Maybe a way to regain motivation ? Wink

GL whatever your choice !
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
PlzBeNice
Prend ses marques
Prend ses marques

MessagePosté le: 19/05/2020 19:31   Sujet du message: Répondre en citant Signaler un Abus

Sorry for delay guys Very Happy since I work in a primary school and school started as usual again this monday I feel pretty exhausted, my motivation to grind is probably at rock bottom right now Confused Hopefully I get around that soon.

Gold&Shower a écrit:
PlzBeNice I've noticed that you mix the game-formats when you are in big multi table session, 6max + FullRings + some MTTs sometimes.

Do you mix the all the tables on a single " stack tables" or maybe you use the ''Mosaïque'' or "Cascade" function?

I'm wondering because obv. strategies & dynamic are a little bit different from 6max or FullRing...
Besides, few days ago I've suggested to Winamax support adding the possibility to choose a different carpet color for 6max-&FullRing.
Would be nice to implement this on a future update Smile

Yes I mix all tables in one stack, I do use Placemints which gets all my tables into one Stack at the top right of my screen + one other stack to move one table out of the stack, usually a deep MTT run or a DoN with a difficult bubble situation that needs my attention
However I think it's just something to get used to - my game in FR DoNs definitely suffers the least with the number of tables because it's just so easy to be profitable even playing tight.

In SH DoNs I miss a lot of spots (most that I miss is very marginal but I also do some very severe folds). I would say my ROI in these suffers by like 2% in the 5€+ 6max DoNs, but only the best regs make more in winrate than with rakeback in these anyways.

MTT suffers the most for sure though mixing many DoNs inbetween and I definitely need to find a solution for this, play less tables when I have MTTs running etc.

Mosaic is what I started with back in the day but I could not play more than 12 tables or so with that, I definitely know players playing quite big volume though with Mosaic, for multitabling itself it definitely is the best option, but obviously with Stacking you can play more tables because your mouse has to move less.

Changing the carpet colour would surely help some of you guys, but like I said, just something to get used to, and I am sure after a few Sessions of mixing you will automatically see if a table is 6max or 10max Very Happy

dicentim974 a écrit:
Hi,
I just discovered your post as I follow Darcvadehors' one.
I'm very impressed by the way you're mutitabling with success.
At the moment I play on a single screen and I'm stuck playing 4 tables.
With the tile display mode you can only play 6 tables (always on display tables) and my tracker's informations sometimes cover the button, the board or other Winamax's software informations.
I suppose you're using multiple screens and some other tips like autohotkey or Placemint.
Hope having the pleasure to meet you at tables as it would mean I leveled up (for the moment I play the 2€ and I will try the 3€ soon).

Hey, there is absolutely nothing wrong with playing just 4 tables. Everyone has a different comfort-zone, I value hourly-rate the most when grinding and for me it's the highest playing as many tables as 30 or more, however everyone is diferent and everyone enjoys the grind in a different way (afterall in my opinion we should all still somewhat enjoy the game, even people who play just for the money, which I do not, I would say at least 50% is still enjoyment. I would probably not play without making a single Cent though, to be honest ). Also, even playing 4-6 tables it is possible to make some good pocket-money over the month playing the game, so to say, you will improve a lot faster than a masstabler, and naturally have a bigger possible ROI. So no need to be discouraged or anything

As for my grind I use just one monitor (28" though I believe) and no hotkeys. I use Placemints though as written in my reply to Gold&Shower, and PT4 (I used no HUD until like 1 year ago though)

Darcvadehors a écrit:
A challenge double or nothing or challenge no limit sng is very good as challenge =)

If you come on the micro limit I will be at the tables, it could motivate you more like for me = p

Have a good day

OnceUpnATime a écrit:
Hi PlzBeNice,

Thanks for your blog Smile

If MTTs game is your favourite game type, what about trying to do a challenge in MTTs ? Wink
Maybe a way to regain motivation ? Wink

GL whatever your choice !

Thank you for your suggestions guys Very Happy I have decided most likely I will just do a straight grind-up challenge and of course blog about it.
I have not yet decided about an amount - I do still think a 50€ Starting Bankroll is a good starting point. I would start with less, but I still think starting with just 30€ there is still a decent chance of going broke even in 0.50€ DoNs, not likely, but possible.
Grind will be as usual, SNGs + MTTs, I think it can also help people to see what Bankroll Management to apply. I still see many many people playing a way too aggressive bankroll management (see the people always moving up and down in DoNs after losing 40 buy ins or something). And besides, like I said, I would like to show all the aspiring grinders that it is well possible to grind up a small amount (everyone should be able to afford 50€).
Any other suggestions, very welcome though.

More details on this soon though, thursday is fathers day, germans celebrate this day with loads of alcohol usually and I am not different Very Happy so we will see when I am getting back to the tables either way, not sure.

GL all
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Voir son Blog Envoyer un message privé
PlzBeNice
Prend ses marques
Prend ses marques

MessagePosté le: 29/05/2020 10:44   Sujet du message: Répondre en citant Signaler un Abus

Salut a tous,

tonight after my session I will write an update before visiting my family over the weekend. Samplesize since life got back more to the norm in France is not huge yet, but probably enough to take a look at.
I am very happy that even a few of you private-messaged me that they would like me to update, I was just very busy with the grind, but it certainly increases my motivation seeing that some people actually read this Very Happy

Gl at the tables all
PlzBeNice
Prend ses marques
Prend ses marques

MessagePosté le: 29/05/2020 23:14   Sujet du message: Répondre en citant Signaler un Abus

So, long time no see Very Happy
In my last posts I have written about thinking about creating a challenge and grind up a small bankroll, however I have withdrawn this idea. It just is not worth it grinding Microstakes to be back at my normal Stakes at some point. Also I kind of have found my passion for the grind again.

Let me start straight off with results since 11may when life got back to (more) normal in France, and, to say in advance, games and traffic got a lot worse again:

Some wrong games are added (MTTs, not sure how to remove them) and some SNGs are missing. According to Sharkscope like 160 Games are missing and total profit is 760€. Well, whatever, it's a better indicator than nothing.
Overall of course I am satisfied with this overall result so far, everything over 0.20€/game in EV pre rakeback I am very happy about, makes a hourly of over 10€ + Rakeback in my case.
5€ 6max have been a lot worse (even at night time you sometimes see 2-3 of the same Regs in every game, which definitely makes it hard but some study in overall game theory + the former good 6max Regs like Akerman16 and Winfilberte leaving the games have made up for it. Surprisingly the result is really good in these games even playing quite many 5€ 6max Deglingos DoNs, where edges are of course pretty thin.

MTTs I also had a few good results, 2nd in Hara-Kiri, won a 180max, it seems like it's getting better and that some studying has helped. I feel a lot more confident in several Spots too.

During this timeframe I had a break of 10 days so effectively this graph shows only 9 days of play. Since re-starting last friday, with rakeback I profited a little bit over 1K (won daily Leaderboard 3 times and Diamond3 Rakeback), which of course is great, but I expect not to be able to keep it up like this of course.
As a part-time player (although I put in quite many hours for someone having a job alongside) I am happy with any month I make over 1K after rakeback.

What originally got me motivated to give the poker grind more power again:
The day before I started (fathers day, not sure if you have that too at the same date) usually involves a lot of drinking here. I started with chilling in the garden with my grandfather and drinking some beers, later went to a house party. I stayed on good alcohol-level all evening, not too much, just fine... and met a girl there, 18 years old (the dream, for an "old guy" like me, although she first said she thinks I'm ~20 (I do look younger than 27 though, to be fair, and definitely like girls younger than me more than of my age)), we talked loads, she did all the stuff as if she was attracted (played in her hair the whole time when we talked and whatever, all the stuff) and we "connected well" so to say. When suddenly at 3am I wanted to make my last drink (Vodka+Red Bull, just love it) and just smashed the whole rest of the bottle of Vodka by accident in my glass and drunk it anyway. First the pure vodka, then mixed with some energy, but it definitely had to be ~300ml of Vodka. Next thing I know is I woke up in my bed the next morning, not sure what happened inbetween. Whatever shit I must have done, definitely nothing good, because I have since received 1 message from her, saying I am too old (she thought I am 20, wtf?!) and that is it Very Happy
Is age like this really a problem for women?
Anyway, from this expirience I learned "Women are the Rake" (I heard this quote somewhere at least, and makes sense). I had a 6-year-relationship until ~1 year ago, sort of on and off, and it has always prevented me to fullfil my full potential in all aspects anyways. This all showed me I should focus on myself the most and the things that are important to me, and Poker is definitely one of the important things to me.

Sorry for this little off-topic, but this kind of was a little mindset-lesson for myself at least.

Anyway, I certainly should increase my average buy in overall, I do not know why I still stuck with high volume on 5€ DoNs, I am a little scared, while my bankroll would allow me to play much, much higher (I do not cash out often because I simply do not need it, I usually just grind up and then cash out like half of my bankroll when it becomes stupid much for my buy ins). This year I have so far not made one cash-out below 4-digits, for instance. Cashing out small amounts over and over would just lower my motivation because I want to win back this amount as quick as possible.

What might kind of keep me away from moving up is probably my results in 10€ 6max so far. This is how this year went so far in them:

As you can see, I once peaked 80BuyIn under EV at one point. Of course the overall result with just 1% EV ROI is not satisfying too, but probably I have to accept that playing as many tables as I do. With VIP Rakeback this would still be ~0.25€ per game. Being stuck at just 5€ 6max is definitely not what I want to do forever and I should get out of my comfort-zone at some point. I will also try to mix in some 20€ 6max during night time when traffic becomes low. Games are just too good to miss them out and like I said, bankroll allows it. Hell, I mean, 100% I have a bigger bankroll than some of the Regs playing 20€-50€ mixed all day. But I will take it step by step.

Fullring DoNs: Varies quite a lot. Some days games are just horrible with 6-7 Regs per game (and I still do not understand why Regs register for Games where they already see 6 Regs in, but normally the Regs that do this are the worst Regs of the games anyways), some days it is pretty good but volume is not so good in them because of less Regs. But I would take softer games for lower volume anytime, a lot more profitable, that's simply the truth. We will have to see how these games evolve over the next weeks.

But the same problem applies in the 6max DoNs as well at specific times:

One Reg worse than the next and still they register into the same games (Reg Man probably being somewhat decent but still he will 100% lose money in a game like this too). I just do not understand, during a hard grind session I always register all games first and hope they will wake up, but I probably should just accept almost none of all Regs will wake up in this sense and act accordingly (start game-selecting again).
Next 2 days I will visit my family in another City (have not seen my siblings and my mother for like 6 months already) but play some games on laptop, to make the last miles I need for my Diamond3 Bonus.

Anyways, as I see I have already written quite a wall of text, these are my goals for June:
- 5K Games/120+ hours grind (hitting one of these is enough, but should be roughly the same anyways, I plan to decrease my table count a little, but knowing myself I probably will not lol)

- Play at least 300+ MTTs

- Average buy in of 6€+ (would mean I have to play more 10€ and 20€ DoNs slowly, which is much needed)

- 700€+ Rakeback (Daily Challenge, Miles and VIP Bonuses all count)

- Maintain 0.20€/Game+ in EV pre rakeback (this will probably be the hardest of all, to be fair)

I will wrap it up here,
Good luck at the tables! Very Happy
Shadourow
Nouveau
Nouveau

MessagePosté le: 30/05/2020 22:55   Sujet du message: Répondre en citant Signaler un Abus

Ahah, that's ridiculous, a short handed DoN with 5 regs !

I don't even queue full rings with more than 5 regs !
As you said, it's very hard to win money in games like those. That's basically the reason why I stop playing in the afternoon.

But the games are still nice in the evening !
Skroot
Nouveau
Nouveau

MessagePosté le: 08/06/2020 12:08   Sujet du message: Répondre en citant Signaler un Abus

Hi PlzBeNice,

Nice reading you, I like your style Smile
I'll keep on following this blog!

I've seen you on a couple of DoN-SH 5€ (I've restarted playing during the Corona situation, but not your grind level haha), and I've a couple of questions/comments :
- I've seen you discuss around DoN-SH vs DoN-FR, you really think it's easier to have a profitable ROI on FR than SH ?
In terms of grind, do you manage to rake-profit more on FR than SH (more multitabling vs longer DoN)?
- When you talk about "rakeback", you mean VIP status & monthly bonus related + miles right?
- What do you think about PT4 and/or HM3 way to calculate "EV adjusted"?

Have fun
PlzBeNice
Prend ses marques
Prend ses marques

MessagePosté le: 11/06/2020 21:01   Sujet du message: Répondre en citant Signaler un Abus

Long time no post again Very Happy However not much to update right now. Had taken a break for a few days after playing a high volume last week, will play a session now and grind tomorrow probably, I hope to increase my volume again next week, otherwise it will be next to impossible to reach most of my goals.

Skroot a écrit:
Hi PlzBeNice,

Nice reading you, I like your style Smile
I'll keep on following this blog!

I've seen you on a couple of DoN-SH 5€ (I've restarted playing during the Corona situation, but not your grind level haha), and I've a couple of questions/comments :
- I've seen you discuss around DoN-SH vs DoN-FR, you really think it's easier to have a profitable ROI on FR than SH ?
In terms of grind, do you manage to rake-profit more on FR than SH (more multitabling vs longer DoN)?
- When you talk about "rakeback", you mean VIP status & monthly bonus related + miles right?
- What do you think about PT4 and/or HM3 way to calculate "EV adjusted"?

Have fun

Hey Smile thank you for your interest.

Yes, it definitely is more easy, I would even say very easy overall, to play FR-DoNs profitably. The ROI of basically every Reg out there shows it. Look for the high volume FR-only Regs (I do not think I have to name them Wink ) and their results in the 6max DoNs when they played them. Most results are very marginally winning, breakeven most of the time, or even losing. My results also confirm this - I would say on average ROI in FR-DoNs is about 4-6% higher. Of course the Edges in FR-DoN are higher because most are semi-turbos, so there is also a bigger edge. However, the level of play on FR-DoNs is also a lot worse, both by Regs and the recreational players. I would say for example of the whole player-pool of 5€ and 10€ FR DoNs, the only players who currently play nowdays who would profit in 5€+ 6max DoNs too are:
- Me
- Akerman16
- Rothstein87
- BuckFuddy

All others, unless they play a lot offpeak when games are very soft, will be losing over the longterm. Above Regs are also the Regs that have the highest ROIs in the FR-DoNs + have a very substantial samplesize of beating the 6max DoNs on a high volume. However, again, all of our ROIs in 6max are a lot lower than in FRs. So it can be said that this will be the case for everyone. You can beat FR-DoNs even nowdays by being hopelessly too tight overall and having loads of leaks (while all of us have them too, of course, however not as severe as others).

As for rakeback, yes I do mean Miles, VIP Bonuses and money won from Daily SNG Challenge. Right now I will probably not participate as hard in the daily Challenge, some new Regs came out of nowhere in the 5€ 6max DoNs, games are pretty horrible there right now on average, and people grind hard. I won it a few times last week though for 30€ each day. I will probably decide this on day to day basis.
After first days of the month I thought this 700€ Rakeback target will be very easy, however I got a little behind now with my break last few days (right now ~200€ from Miles and I believe (not sure though) 130€ from daily Challenge this month so far. So I am still well on pace, but it will not be easy.

I am not entirely sure what you mean about their 'way of calculating EV', but the net adjusted Stat is very useful to see where one is at. For me it always evened out over the longterm. Of course it is possible to be way under or way above EV at some point, over 200 buy ins difference at some point is perfectly normal. However, at the end EV is what matters, not individual results of a session. What happens if you run like god and run on 20% ROI over 1K Games, while your EV is breakeven? You will lose it back if you do not make EV. This may sound discouraging to some but that is the truth.
For me personally, if I breakeven in € but make 500€ in EV in a week I am more happy than if I win 500€ but run breakeven in EV.
PlzBeNice
Prend ses marques
Prend ses marques

MessagePosté le: 19/07/2020 12:56   Sujet du message: Répondre en citant Signaler un Abus

Long time no see Very Happy
I will put this post quite short because I have already fired up some games.

So since my last post quite a lot of stuff happened, but I think I failed mostr of my goals except the 700€ rakeback one (which I barely made)
I have no results to show you. Reason for this is that just a couple days after my last post, my computer broke. I got quite a good laptop for grinding now (i7 with 16GB RAM; 1TB SSD, cost me over 1K€ Crying or Very sad ).

This also has one reason - Germany is planning to put a very bad regulation in place starting July 2021. This will mean for example that only 1 table can be played at the same time, if things come like they seem to come. This will leave me no option but to move country to continue to still play properly and to make money. For this reason, a laptop obviously is better than having a whole grind station that I have to move. My friend BuckFuddy (who is also german and a fellow DoN-Reg (sadly much better than me Very Happy )) and me plan to visit some potential areas in February. We largely think about Croatia, "Split" in pirticular (see-side, apartments with sea-view are very affordable, Croatia is a relatively cheap country... etc). If anyone can help with more countries that have:
- good weather most of the time of the year
- is in EU
- is relatively cheap
- has good areas near the see or similar

I would appreciate it very much Smile Being allowed to play on Winamax is a must.

As for poker, my last few weeks have been relatively intense. I tested other sites (Partypoker, IPoker) for DoNs, I was not happy with my latest results. These sites are very soft, Rakeback is really good, however for whatever reason (Traffic for example) will be nowhere as profitable as Winamax. DoNs on Winamax especially at the lowstakes also kind of seem like a dead-city (low traffic and games are often loaded with Regs).
So I have made a change of plans. Last couple weeks I did a lot of studying especially for small field SNGs, also got a coach, study with training site, and also want to change my approach. I don't want to grind breakeven most oif the time anymore, purely for rakeback. It's time to stop finding excuses, to work hard, grind hard, and get the results I want Smile

So I have made a fresh deposit of 1000€ and will focus a lot more on the more profitable games, instead of stubbornly grind on mass for rakeback.

With my 1K Bankroll I will start things off with the following Games:
- all regular SNGs (5mans, 10mans and 15mans) 2€-10€
- 10max DoNs 2€-10€
- 6max DoNs 2€-3€ + 5€ if I see soft games
- MTTs mainly 1€-5€ but I will also add things like half price Prime-Time today, Sunday Surprise, La Fievre on Sundays... I think my ABI will be around 4€-5€ to start

This is a schedule that I expect decent volume while having a good €/Game winrate.
I will test this schedule today and then post about my goals that I have in the more near future.

Good luck all
_Grindr
Nouveau
Nouveau

MessagePosté le: 21/07/2020 12:41   Sujet du message: Répondre en citant Signaler un Abus

Really nice to see a new uptade on your blog thanx, i hope you will continue. I wonder the results you can expect from grinding classic sng in 2020.

If Germany actually put this new regulation in place, i can't imagine the massive change that will occurd even on .fr room. Since a lot of good player are from Germany.

Good luck on your new journey.
Hope my english is not to broken.
PlzBeNice
Prend ses marques
Prend ses marques

MessagePosté le: 22/07/2020 02:56   Sujet du message: Répondre en citant Signaler un Abus

_Grindr a écrit:
Really nice to see a new uptade on your blog thanx, i hope you will continue. I wonder the results you can expect from grinding classic sng in 2020.

If Germany actually put this new regulation in place, i can't imagine the massive change that will occurd even on .fr room. Since a lot of good player are from Germany.

Good luck on your new journey.
Hope my english is not to broken.

Hey there fellow grinder Smile your English is perfect, don't worry about that.

Yes, not much to update yet - last few days I played a lot of Deglingos microstakes for my Gang so I did not get to test much yet. Still a decent profit of ~170€ total (thanks to MTTs mainly - I shipped a 2€ 180max, a 2€ Deepstack, 2 Final tables in 5€ Deepstacks and had a pretty decent run in the half-price-Primetime... I also feel I changed quite a bit in my MTT game and feel a lot more confident in some spots, so working on my game was definitely worth it) .

Now I will go on a holiday for a few days, visit my brother,
and reload some energy, probably return on Tuesday... next week I will still be off work and ready to grind hard.

As for the normal SNGs and winrate - well there are a few players to take datas from (not many, because not many play them regulary/have a good samplesize), but I expect the following to be possible Winrates for me:
10mans - 15-20% ROI
15mans - 10-12% ROI
5max - maybe up to 8% ROI but I will not play much of these anyways
FR DoNs - 6%+ certainly, maybe up to 8% with games being softer than before

As we know, 6max, DoNs depends on a lot of factors (number of tables, table-selection, do we hunt for the Leaderboard etc) so there is no specific number, but I probably make more money including everything by playing 3€ over 5€ 6max DoNs with the state of the 5€s right now. Whenever I look either traffic is pretty low or there are lots of Regs in the lobbies (or both). I definitely need to improve my game before feeling comfortable playing in this field (I feel right now I would be breakeven at best, pre Rakeback of course)

Yeah about the regulation, it really sucks. I have a pretty good life here overall (my grandparents live just nearby and I have a close connection to them (I grew up at them basically) and a job with good hours that I enjoy). However there has to be something really specific that keeps me in Germany if poker becomes dead here. I must desperately fall in love or whatever lol. Otherwise, I will be moving to keep playing. I have spent so much time and passion for this game over the last (almost) decade and I am confident I could sustain a living by grinding (during normal months I profit more with poker than my salary at work - but just as a side-note, I also play almost as much as I am at work).

I will cut this post here and hopefully next week I can go a little more in-depth about the state of games, when I do my normal grind.

Best of luck at the tables Smile
PlzBeNice
Prend ses marques
Prend ses marques

MessagePosté le: 17/10/2020 19:42   Sujet du message: Répondre en citant Signaler un Abus

Hi everyone,

I haven't updated this in a long time, but based on the current situation I will do it now.

To cut it short - Germany has introduced a legislation for Poker and I will be unable to play on Winamax. Winamax have decided to exclude players from Germany. Since the kind of legislation they have but in I do not expect it to last forever, but this is the situation right now.

I hereby want to thank everyone for an enjoyable time at the tables and wish all Regs the best of luck. I also want to thank Winamax for the last few years that I played exclusively on this great site. Never forget Smile

I also want to add a special thanks to my friends from Gang of Poker Players. They have been a wonderful group to me overall and I definitely consider some of them as actual friends, even without meeting them.
If any big grinder wants to replace me there - they are looking for someone, I definitely recommend them if you are a motivated grinder looking for a gang!

If anyone wants to stay in touch, I will be happy if you add me on Discord. My add is PlzBeNice#9565

All the best!
_Grindr
Nouveau
Nouveau

MessagePosté le: 18/10/2020 16:44   Sujet du message: Répondre en citant Signaler un Abus

Well that suck, i hope you will continue to grind. Is there any chance that you will continue to post update on your grind somewhere?
I wish you the best of luck on your poker journey.
Gold&Shower
Prend ses marques
Prend ses marques

MessagePosté le: 18/10/2020 17:37   Sujet du message: Répondre en citant Signaler un Abus

Thanks for the good vibes PlzBeNice. Will you grind somewhere else now, another platform, maybe Pokerstars?
Please update us soon.
Wish you good luck for the near future.
Surveiller les réponses de ce sujet Précédente  1, 2
Aller à la page :
Répondre au sujet    Index des Forums -> Road to EV

Sauter vers: